Applications Specialist, Scientific Instruments and Consumables
Our East Anglia based client is a leading international supplier and servicer of scientific instrumentation and consumables. They are actively looking to recruit an office based Applications Specialist to sell the benefits of using the Company’s products and services to existing and new customers using negotiation skills and the ability to present features effectively.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
- To establish excellent customer relationships and provide a high standard of service to customers (both internal and external) via telephone and e-mail.
- To identify and make effective contact with potential customers and to prospect for new business.
- To follow up on all marketing campaigns with existing and new customers.
- To meet or exceed agreed sales targets by sustaining the current level of business with existing customers and identifying new sales opportunities in order to increase levels of business activity and revenue.
- To carry out regular fact-finding exercises to gain a thorough understanding of the customer and their needs.
- To ensure adequate preparation for each sales call and that you are fully equipped at all times with a range of appropriate products, pricing and current marketing information.
- To keep personal skills and knowledge up-to-date (i.e. product knowledge, exchequer booking system, accounts processes, CRM knowledge, competitive products, industry etc.) and to attend training when required.
- To ensure the CRM data is entered accurately and kept up to date after every call or customer communication.
The ideal candidate will possess the following key skills/attributes:
- Hold a Chemistry/Pharmaceutical/Bioscience or related science degree.
- A real interest and understanding of laboratory equipment and consumables along with knowledge of Pharma, CRO, Academia and Chemical markets.
- Some sales experience.
- This is an office based role, but with occasional travel using own transport
Location: East Anglia
Salary: Up to £25,000 dependant on skills and experience
For further science jobs visit www.sci-search.com