Chromatography Technician, Food Analysis
Salary: circa 17,000 +benefits
Location: West Midlands
Our client is a prestigious company in the Food Industry who is constantly expanding due to high demand. This has created the opportunity for a qualified chromatography technician to join their team in the Chemistry Department at their attractive site in the West Midlands
Main requirements of the role are:-
To undertake all contaminant analyses by LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS techniques and associated activities within the section.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out analysis of foodstuffs and interpretation of results using HPLC and GC instrumentation.
- Carry out administrative tasks relating to analytical work e.g. sample receipt and booking in of samples into LIMS
- Perform method development activates under the direction of a senior analyst. Collect data and produce reports.
- To work in a safe manner in accordance with departmental policies.
- To work in accordance with the Company Management system.
- To keep neat and orderly records of results and other relevant information.
Qualification and Key Skills
- Good competence in routine food analysis using HPLC and GC, ideally with LC-MS, GC-MS and method development experience.
- At least A-level in science related subject and/or relevant laboratory experience
- Experience using Microsoft packages - word/excel/outlook/PowerPoint
- Experience working within an accreditation scheme
- Ability to work in a small team
- Flexibility to work on a number of tasks and manage priorities
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com