Salary 19-21K + benefits
Location: West Midlands
Our client is a highly respected organisation in the food industry providing training, development, project work and advice to blue chip clients in the sector. Their expertise is much sought after and they have a great reputation in their field. An opportunity has arisen for a Bakery Technologist.
They are looking for a passionate degree qualified food scientist with some experience of analysis, new product development and practical baking to join their growing team.
The role requires an understanding of baked products and bakery technology. The role will involve interaction with clients, both internal and external, working on bakery projects, helping to generate project proposals, discussing project findings and writing coherent reports. There will be a need to help with practical sessions on training courses and develop skills in delivering presentations on courses and at meetings.
- Undertake project work and training on behalf of clients
- Write reports and proposals for projects
- Maintain the bakeries in good condition
- Provide advice to clients
- Identify new business opportunities
You will be:-
- Graduate or equivalent, with relevant experience of baking and bakery science.
- Knowledge of raw materials and / or production methods, processes and baked product analysis.
- Good communication and organisational skills for holding discussions with staff and clients.
- Ability to manage work on a number of projects simultaneously to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to write reports and proposals of varying length and complexity.
- An analytical mind with good attention to detail and the ability to find solutions to complex problems.
- An enthusiastic approach to bakery science/technology keen to seek out new ways of working.
- Puts the client/customer and their needs at the heart of everything that they do
If you believe you have the experience, drive and passion to succeed in this type of role please get in touch with Lori Fitton quoting the reference above