Salary: Attractive, Competitive + Benefits
Location: East Midlands
Our Client helps companies resolve complex scientific and toxicology issues, develop scientific and strategic regulatory and compliance plans, and facilitate timely regulatory global approvals. They deliver success and minimize client risk through their broad expertise and depth of knowledge of toxicology, product safety, and risk assessment principles, as well as the regulatory approval processes that govern products that touch a vast range of industries (primarily including: Chemicals (including Agri & Pesticides), Cosmetics & Personal Care, Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability, Food, Supplements & Animal Nutrition, Food Contact, Global Restricted Substances and Pharmaceutical, Healthcare & Medical Devices) in jurisdictions around the world.
They have a challenging opportunity for a Toxicologist and Regulatory Expert at their East Midlands office in the safety assessment of consumer and household products and in particular, cosmetics, detergents, medical devices, biocides and toys such as paints and inks. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your experience of legislation and toxicological risk assessment and help to make your mark on their business.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Have comprehensive experience of toxicological risk assessment, preferably of consumer or formulated industrial products.
- Be able to write a critical evaluation of toxicological profiles for raw materials thoroughly evaluating any impurities
- Ideally have knowledge of the EU Cosmetics regulation and guidance and your own ideas and opinions related to the safety assessment of cosmetic products.
- Ideally but not essential have working knowledge of other regulatory areas including hazard classification (CLP or GHS), Detergent regulation, REACH.
- Direct and manage resources, activities and timelines to ensure that projects are effectively executed to meet client and business objectives.
- Be jointly responsible for the quality control of complex scientific projects
- For many customers you will be offering advice on formulations, warning labels and providing a one-stop-shop of toxicological and regulatory expertise.
- Act as an in-house scientific advisor on complex scientific and regulatory issues.
- Keep abreast of scientific trends and changes by participating with scientific agencies and attending scientific conferences.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to advise clients of relevant legislation (normally in cosmetic products) and to build a strong command of these legislation to advise industry through presentations at international conferences, seminars. Some global travel may be required.
You will have a strong background in toxicology, ideally be EUROTOX registered and hold the appropriate qualifications and experience in toxicological risk assessment. You will be confident to critically analyse and present solutions to clients. You should have 5-7 years experience in a similar role and a PhD in a relevant discipline