Microbiology Laboratory Technician
My West Midlands based client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. They are actively looking for lab technicians to work in their media preparation and analytical laboratories.
This role may appeal to recent Degree, HNC, BTEC or A-level graduates with a strong interest in science and desire to begin a career in life science or food research.
Main duties and responsibilities
• To be responsible for the Microbiology Department Media Quality Control
• Undertaking data analysis and trends in media Quality Control data
• Troubleshooting of media QC failures
• To conduct commissioning on new media
• To maintain the QC culture’s
• Help with departmental purchases. (when requested)
Qualifications and Competencies:
• A level in a scientific subject (or equivalent)
• 1 - 2 years experience in laboratory environment including proven detailed knowledge of relevant microbiological techniques
• Ability to work accurately within specified time frames
• Computer literacy
• Enthusiastic, proactive, team player
Due to the remote location of the role, own transport is essential.
Weekend and Bank Holiday work will be required on a rota basis, one in four, either paid as overtime or taken as time off in lieu.
Location: West Midlands
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com