Food Safety Management Systems Consultant
Our client based in Gloucestershire, is a global and independent provider of food information, market intelligence and technical food research services. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Food Safety management systems advisor. The role will have a wide remit; it will focus on a number of key areas of food safety and quality management systems.
It is expected that the job holder will become a focal point for food safety management systems activities. They will be expected to develop, manage and perform a range of audit and pre-audit activities, present training courses, provide guidance and consultancy in the area of food safety management systems under guidance from their line manager and other colleagues.
- Planning and execution of technical delivery, ability to plan and manage your own time to meet deadlines. This will be on a blend of contract, training and research projects. All work is undertaken in line with the requirements of our business management system.
- Responding to direct technical enquiries using information retrieved from relevant sources. This will include provision of consultancy and the performing of site audits/pre-audits.
- Present training materials as the lead or support tutor, on both scheduled and client specific courses.
- Design and develop training course materials.
- Interpretation of results and preparation of client reports to agreed standards.
- Through implementation of business development strategies, stimulate areas of contract, training, and research in line with the focus area of the job.
- Preparing project proposals/tenders for clients to a level agreed with the line manager.
- Performing internal audits of the department and site as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
- A degree in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent (e.g. experience).
- A technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across multiple food sectors. Several years experience in a technical or quality management role within food manufacturing or in food legislation enforcement.
- Practical experience of at least one industrial food safety management standard would be an advantage.
- Trained to an advanced level in auditing and food safety management with practical experience. Formal qualification in HACCP, Level 4.
- Significant technical expertise in Hygienic Design and Hygiene management in factories.
- Training experience, at least Train the trainer level would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
- Good verbal and broader communication skills to support business development, training and consultancy offerings.
- Effective project and time management skills assuring effective delivery and compliance with business practices.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- Generally IT literate - particularly a working knowledge of Powerpoint expected.
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
Location: West Midlands
For further Science Jobs visit www.sci-search.com