Assay Development Scientist - PCR-based IVD
ROLE PROFILE – THE VISION
Our client has developed an affordable, real-time PCR system that can serve as the basis for rapid detection, quantification, or drug resistance testing of infectious diseases and pathogens, such as TB or Hepatitis. They are looking to strengthen their R&D Team with the addition of a senior scientist.
- Reporting to the mTB assay development manager, you will be key to the development of the mTB assay program to ensure effective and timely delivery of the programme
- Maintain project technical file documentation in accordance with the quality management system
- Design and execute appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving the assay to meet the required performance, stability and cost requirements.
- Review data within the team and provide advice to meet project milestones effectively
- Good, clear communication with managers and directors
To perform the job successfully, the ideal individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience working within a Quality Management System required for ISO and CE/IVD molecular diagnostics.
- Willing to role your sleeves up and participate in the daily duties when required
- Experienced in summarizing and communicating project data for senior staff and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
IDEAL EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- B.Sc / Ph.D qualified in a relevant scientific subject.
- Post-graduate experience gained in an industrial in vitro diagnostics setting using fluorescent based PCR methods
- Strong working knowledge of design control procedures.
- Experience of working within a biohazard containment laboratory.
- Experience with ISO 13485
Based North West
Negotiable salary + benefits
For more scientific jobs, go to www.sci-search.com