Seed Biology Laboratory Technician
Our Client is a global developer of agrochemicals and biological solutions for agriculture. A role has arisen for a Seed Laboratory Technician in their global research and development biology lab to provide temporary cover for 1 year.
Key functions of the role are:
· Perform test item application for seed treatment and foliar sprays, set up bioassays and realize assessments using a combination of well-established methods and novel testing procedures.
· Undertake seed testing according to International Seed Testing Association Standards (ISTA)
· Perform and record detailed assessments in accordance with the relevant study plans and European Plant Protection Organization (EPPO) guidelines.
· Maintain the living resources to a high standard of housekeeping, to include seeds, plants and fungal cultures.
· Keep laboratory resources and equipment to an acceptable standard of maintenance and housekeeping.
· Record all data accurately and in compliance with good scientific and good laboratory practice
· Accurately transcribe data from studies in the Agricultural Research Manager (ARM) statistical software and perform initial data analysis to confirm accuracy of recordings
· Work to the principles of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) program.
You will need to have:-
· Biology, plant physiology and plant pathology with knowledge of seed biology
· Strong laboratory technique gained over 3+ years in a plant sciences/agronomy laboratory
· Strong IT skills and statistics experience
· Report and scientific writing skills
· Strong organisation and ability to work with minimal supervision
· Detail oriented approach
· Open to learning new skills and developing new techniques
· MSc in Plant Sciences/ Agronomy
Role: Temporary to April 2019 full time
Location: South Midlands
Salary: Negotiable on Experience
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com