Principal Regulatory Consultant, Food and Beverages
Location: South East UK
Salary: Negotiable on experience
Our client is a leader in providing expertise and support to the global food and beverage sector and is a prestigious name in its sector. They provide practical solutions that cover all stages of a product’s life cycle from consumer insight, ingredient innovation and sensory testing to food safety consultancy and global regulatory advice. The Regulatory Group provides members and clients with a global food and beverage regulatory advisory service including assessing the legal compliance of all aspects of their products.
The Regulatory Group is expanding and they are looking for a Principal Regulatory Consultant who has experience in working in the food industry to join the team. The Principal Regulatory Consultant will directly report to the Head of Regulatory. The role will be UK based in South East England with some travel as necessitated by a role of this type. This is a great opportunity for a true Food Regulatory Expert.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing your expertise gained over 10+ years in food and beverage legislation
- Demonstrating in-depth knowledge of food and beverage legislation in EU/UK to provide an outstanding service and advice in response to all member enquiries, projects, publications and training courses from member clients and companies.
- Propose and manage large scale global regulatory projects
- Working closely with the business development team/ regulatory specialists and regulatory consultants in response to project requests to understand clients’ needs and write proposals.
- Act as an Ambassador for the company attending regulatory conferences and presenting at these and identifying new business opportunities through your network
- Manage projects from start to end to ensure a high quality delivery within the agreed timeline.
- Mentor and train junior colleagues in building their regulatory knowledge by organising internal trainings and reviewing their advice.
- Be the Head of Technical Excellence for the team, striving for continuous improvements, adapting to find solutions to issues
The successful candidate will have with a minimum of 10 years’ experience of working in a regulatory field in the food industry. You will have proven experience of providing excellent customer service through project management and confidently communicating with clients to identify their needs and provide advice, including providing presentations where required. Whilst the role has no direct reports you will be responsible for training and acting as a role model for the group having the greatest technical knowledge and being able to advise other team members using that in depth knowledge and experience. You will pride yourself on the quality of the advice you give to clients and colleagues alike and be able to give cohesive and persuasive presentations to industry peers.