Senior Regulatory Chemist
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Our Client is an independent advisory and advanced product development services Company focused on science and technology initiatives. They work closely with their clients to advise on technology, R&D and regulatory issues.
They are seeking a Senior Regulatory Chemist with extensive technical regulatory experience gained from working in industry, a regulatory authority or a consultancy. Using a broad range of technical knowledge, experience and familiarity with EU regulatory requirements for plant protection products, biocides and/or industrial and speciality chemicals (REACH) they are responsible for advising on, and structuring solutions that guide clients successfully through the complex regulatory and policy challenges within the EU. You should have strong background in plant protection products and chemical residues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with other specialists as part of multi-disciplined project teams to deliver technical work including: the assessment of chemical identity, physico-chemical properties and methods of analysis data and dossier preparation for biocide and plant protection products or substances falling within the scope of the REACH regulation.
- Provide technical advice and support to chemistry-related regulatory questions, prepare associated reports and represent clients at technical meetings.
- Co-ordinate the chemistry services within the team, including: contributing to business development activities, dealing with enquires and quotes and assisting with scheduling project work.
- Provide mentoring support and training to junior scientists and the peer review of technical documents.
- Engage and work with multi-disciplinary teams, including geographically dispersed teams based in other countries/member states to help deliver client outputs to agreed scope, quality levels and deadlines.
They are seeking an experienced individual who has broad scientific knowledge and a detailed understanding of the regulatory requirements involved in preparation of plant protection products, biocides and/or REACH dossiers. A degree in a relevant scientific subject e.g. organic chemistry, biochemistry or equivalent is essential, with at several years experience gained from industry, a regulatory authority or contract research, consultancy position.
You will feel confident communicating with clients in order to identify their needs and provide strategic advice, with the ability to be flexible, accept and work with change. Working well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team, you will have delivered high quality work within target deadlines in a client-focused environment.
You will have a self-driven approach to further enhance your scientific expertise in a complex and evolving area, with excellent written skills, feel confident using computers and have a proactive, positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude. You will also effectively build working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to promote the company’s techno-regulatory expertise.