Senior Residues Analytical Chemist
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Our Client is an independent advisory and advanced product development services Company focused on science and technology initiatives. They work closely with their clients to advise on technology, R&D and regulatory issues.
Senior Residues and Analytical Chemists bring extensive expertise blending scientific and technical knowledge with a detailed understanding of EU regulatory requirements for plant protection products and biocides. They are responsible for advising on, and structuring solutions that guide clients successfully through the complex regulatory and policy challenges within the EU.
Specifically, you’ll prepare positions and provide advocacy on residues and analytical chemistry issues in response to questions from clients or regulatory authorities, as well as evaluating and summarising; managing and monitoring analytical chemistry and residue studies that cover a wider range of areas, such as; crop residues, processing, livestock feeding and crop rotation to form a critical part of a registration package.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality technical advice and support to regulatory questions related to residues and analytical chemistry, prepare associated reports and represent clients at technical meetings.
- Undertake evaluation and summarisation of residues and analytical chemistry data for regulatory submissions, advising clients on residues and analytical method strategies
- Co-ordinate the residues chemistry services within the team, including: contributing to business development activities, dealing with enquiries and quotes and assisting with scheduling project work.
- Provide mentoring support and training to junior scientists and the peer review of technical documents
- Develop/maintain relationships with experts in regulatory authorities as well as being abreast of developments in all areas of residues and analytical chemistry and the potential regulatory impact
You will bring extensive scientific knowledge and a detailed understanding of the regulatory requirements involved in preparation of plant protection products and biocides dossiers. A degree in Chemistry or other related discipline is essential, with several experience gained from industry, a regulatory authority or contract research, consultancy position.
You will feel confident communicating with clients in order to identify their needs and provide strategic advice, with the ability to be flexible, accept and work with change. Working well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team, you will have delivered high quality work within target deadlines in a client-focused environment.
- Experienced with EU data requirements for residue chemistry, method validations and the preparation and support of dossiers
- Experienced in designing and conducting all residue study types
- Experienced in analytical methods using HPLC, GC, LC-MS, GC-MS (including validation), plant metabolism and dietary risk assessment
- Strong commitment to delivering high quality work that exceeds clients’ expectations