Salary: Up to 19,250 plus benefits
Our Client is the leader in Food Technology training and Development and provides scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drink and allied industries. Their services and expertise are in high demand throughout the industry and many of their clients are household names. The group operates from three sites and this opportunity would be based at their picturesque Worcestershire location.
The role itself is for a Consumer Assessor/Technician where the successful person would be the instrument of measure. This role is an exciting opportunity for an articulate and creative food technician who knows their onions from their umami. You would be part of a wider team of technicians and home economists providing crucial feedback to benchmarking and quality assessment panels for training, research and contract work.
Key Responsibilities include
- Handle, prepare and assess a variety of food and drink products using a range of sensory methods. To participate as a panellist in the consumer benchmarking and quality assessment panels, in all applicable training, research and contract work
- General administration duties; test data input etc.
- Help to maintain kitchen and laboratory facilities to the highest possible standard of hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- Excellent communication and listening skills, verbal and written
- Good standard of computer literacy (Word and Excel)
- Ability to work within a team or on own initiative, as required
- Good organisational skills
- A genuine interest in food and drink, food related background
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate desirable
- Practical hands-on approach
- Flexibility; willing to work additional hours during busy periods
So if you are currently working in the food industry and have impeccable taste this could be a great opportunity to join a highly respected and prestige organisation whose training and development are highly prized
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com