Senior Cereal Scientist
Salary: Flexible on experience
Location: West Midlands
Our Client is a highly regarded company in the Food Industry providing research, training and consultancy services to a wide variety of companies and undertaking project and development work as well as compliance and training to well known brands.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Cereal Scientist reporting to the Bakery Science Section Manager. The role will involve managing a number of projects related to cereals science, milling, new product development, cereal ingredients, flour and baked products. This is a role with direct report responsibility so you will be expected to use your expertise gained in industry to guide, train and deliver high quality work for clients.
You will be
- Graduate or equivalent, with post graduate research experience related to cereal science. A degree in food science is preferable, but food technology, engineering or biochemistry would be considered.
- Proven competence of working in a food research, preferably cereal environment.
- Knowledge of cereal science, of relevant test methods for ingredients, processes and end products, and how the Company can provide a service for clients.
- Experience in using instrumental techniques to investigate raw materials or product properties. Typical methods used would include rheology, protein analysis/separation, spectroscopy, imaging and statistical analysis.
- Experience in data analysis from the above and familiarity with statistical analysis techniques required.
- Good communication and organisational skills for holding discussions with staff and clients.
- Project management skills. Manage several projects, possibly including those involving more than one department (also external suppliers of contract work).
- Able to write reports of varying length and complexity.
- Ability to assimilate information streams and opinions to make sound decisions / recommendations and offer a structured approach to problem solving.
- Analysis of financial, business and technical information and development of plans based on these inputs.
- Consultancy with clients to identify and solve baking problems.
- Demonstrate creative and innovative skills, contribute to ideas generation sessions.
- Ability to balance longer term objectives and deliver against shorter term deadlines with variable notice periods.
- Delivery against financial and technical targets.
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com