Applications Scientist - Food and Beverage
Our client has been making the world taste better since 1886 and they sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries. They have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Working closely with sales to showcase their ingredients in applications to meet customer needs
- Working as part of a team when working on customer briefs to ensure customer expectations are met in relation to sensory profile, stability, regulatory and cost in use. - Contributing in brainstorming sessions to bring ideas to life
- Working with category managers to identify potential ingredients/products for spotlighting/promoting.
- Making of trial blends. Normally 100g and less.
- Sampling of fresh ingredients from manufacturing areas for use in trial blends..
- Making up of flavour solutions and taking part in flavour panel.
- Carrying out trials to determine the functionality of products
- Writing up standard procedures for application methods and perform risk assessments/COSHH assessments where applicable.
- Carrying out stability testing on ingredients and finished applications.
- Assisting in setting up sensory panels for evaluating flavours in finished beverages.
You will be:
- Someone with a degree in science based discipline, ideally in Food Science / Food Technology or related field. Experience of working within a laboratory environment would be a distinct advantage. You will be creative and have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication.
- You will love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
- The department is busy. You will need to run with the pack but also bring your own personality to their work.
- You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues at levels across all departments on a daily basis.
Location: East Anglia
Salary: Negotiable plus generous benefits
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com