Regulatory Compliance Team Leader
Salary: Negotiable on experience
Our Client is a Leader is a trusted ingredients manufacturer and solutions provider to the global flavour, fragrance and consumer goods markets from their bases in the UK, the US, China and Kenya. They pride themselves on making the world taste better since 1800s. Committed to continuous improvement, they have deep established roots and a visionary strategic path to drive them forwards. This role has arisen as a result of continued success and the successful person will be committed to the continued success and growth of the company
- Provide leadership and support to the compliance team to ensure high level of engagement and empowerment, working to lead the team in line with the concept of self-managing teams.
- Service customer requirements for technical information
- Prepare procedures and training for the technical compliance team
- Prepare and monitoring of KPIs for the technical compliance team
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation for UK, USA, EU and ROTW (Rest of the World – i.e. India, China, Japan and other key markets)
- Attend industry meetings, seminars and conferences as and when required.
- Attend presentations and training regarding regulatory and legislative developments as required
- Coordinate implementation and application of REACH/GHS and similar legislation
- Review technical journals and other literature, highlight and distribute articles of potential interest to group
- Provide technical support to the purchasing, production and sales department on relevant legislation in
UK, USA, EU and ROTW
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing, training and upskilling of other staff.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the Technical Compliance Department
- Effectively and efficiently communicate and co-operate with internal, external customers and suppliers on problem solving and projects which require technical input
- Employees have a legal duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what they do at work.
- Role may involve moderate levels of travel both within the UK and abroad.
The suitable candidate will have a scientific degree or equivalent with chemical ingredient compliance legislation and REACH experience. In addition team leadership or supervisory experience in a technical compliance environment is desirable.