Technical Account Manager, Personal Care Ingredients
Location: South East England
Salary: Attractive, Negotiable + Benefits
Our Client is a leading distributor of ingredients to the European Personal Care industry. Personal Care is a thriving global manufacturing sector that includes Skincare, Haircare, Cosmetics and Toiletries. It is a dynamic and innovative industry that has a significant impact on quality of life for consumers around the world. Personal Care manufacturers need functional ingredients, but also need to continually develop new, exciting and creative products that appeal to consumers’ changing needs and desires.
They are recruiting a Technical Account Manager to join our UK sales team. The Sales team maintain excellent relationships with customers, developing new business and giving technical support to customers’ R&D departments. There is great scope for creativity and personal development within this role, and you will be supported by extensive training on products, a fully equipped laboratory, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, and outside training where required. This role is essential in enabling the company to continue to provide our customers and suppliers with excellence in innovation and customer service. The successful candidate will benefit from the exciting opportunities and on-going career development that they can offer.
This role includes responsibility for:
- Regularly visiting customers to develop long-term working relationships with their R&D, Purchasing and Marketing teams. This will involve frequent travel within the UK.
- Developing strong technical understanding of our wide range of Personal Care ingredients, their chemistry, benefits and formulation characteristics.
- Understanding the needs of each of our customers.
- Communicating scientific information clearly and concisely.
- Supporting customers throughout their development process, from concept to product launch.
- Helping our Technical Development Chemists to create new Personal Care formulations that demonstrate the benefits of our products.
- Identifying new business opportunities.
- Attending relevant Cosmetic and Toiletry industry meetings, seminars, exhibitions and symposia to increase knowledge of the Personal Care industry.
You will have:
- A strong scientific education and preferably a degree in a scientific subject
- The ability to learn and understand new technologies
- A scientific approach to problem solving
- The ability to work under pressure
- Full UK driving licence
- The ability and aspiration to travel
And will be:
- Flexible and customer service orientated
- Thorough, organised and autonomous
- A clear and concise communicator