Laboratory Technician, Food Composition
Salary: 17,000 + benefits
Our client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. The practical application of technical excellence lies at the heart of all that they do and is supported by their industry-leading facilities, expertise and knowledge.
An opportunity has arisen in their Chemistry & Biochemistry Department for a Laboratory Technician. Duties of the role would include:
• Routine analysis of foodstuffs and associated materials using a variety of methods. Includes updating QC records, basic maintenance and checks of laboratory equipment
• Preparation and administration of samples
• General Admin in the Section as required.
• General laboratory housekeeping duties.
• Training and supervising staff as required
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate or A level qualified technician to join a highly respected company in their sector. The right candidate would have:-
• Science Degree/ BTEC ONC / A Levels / NNEB / NVQ Level 3
• Ability to undertake routine analytical testing with minimum supervision.
• Good organisational skills in managing own workload.
• Ability to work in a small team with minimal supervision.
• Flexibility to work on a number of tasks and manage priorities.
Some laboratory experience would be preferred however, training will be given. Due to location it will be necessary to have your own transport.