Chromatography Section Manager - Temporary 12 months maternity cover
Our client is a leader in the Food Industry providing consultancy services, training and project delivery to its members. A role has arisen for a Chromatography Section Manager to cover maternity leave for 12 months so an immediate start is required for this role.
The role is to lead and manage a team of scientists in the Chromatography Section (currently 22 staff). A key aspect of the role is to develop new business for the Section. They are seeking an individual with broad technical knowledge of chromatography and mass spectrometry and a working knowledge of contaminants assays trouble shooting and ISO17025.
The successful candidate will have:
- Technical, financial and business management skills applied to the provision of analytical services for the food & drink sector.
- Leadership in the development and provision of excellent client service.
- Degree and relevant post-graduate experience or equivalent – likely to be a recognised expert in field.
- Strong knowledge of food science and technology.
- Good understanding of chromatography, mass spectrometry, ISO17025 and development of bespoke methods.
- Proven effectiveness in managing timely and cost-effective delivery of technical services/research outputs.
- Proven business development capabilities
- Competence in team leadership and management of staff and resource utilisation.
- Commercial and financial awareness relevant to the marketing and selling of services.
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written – upwards, downwards and outwards.
The person will be independent, self motivated and have an ability to communicate effectively with people across work areas including administrators and scientists at all levels within the business and client base.
Salary:- Commensurate with experience
For further Science Jobs visit www.sci-search.com