In Vitro Scientist - Organoids
An exciting opportunity for an experienced in vitro scientist to work with both cell lines and organotypic (3D) primary cultures to evaluate new drugs and targets prior to in vivo translation. The successful candidate will support a senior scientist in both the development of new, and provision of existing, services.
A Ph.D. with at least 2 years of work experience or B.Sc and at least 5 years work experience. You will have extensive hands-on experience isolating viable cells from primary epithelium and/or tumours and growing them as monolayers and 3D (e.g. skin, organoid) structures. Utilisation of clonogenic assays advantageous.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have strong relevant technical knowledge and research experience.
- Have extensive cell culture experience, ideally in low-medium throughput efficacy evaluation / mechanism of action scenarios using both small molecules and biologics. Experience with co-culture (multi-cell type) conditions advantageous.
- Ideally have used ELISA or multiplexing cytokine quantification platforms, performed FACS analysis
- Have experience designing studies, analysing data and preparing reports. Able to present the data to clients (written reports and verbal presentations) and discuss the interpretation. Must be skilled at interpreting complex data sets.
- Have strong verbal and writing communication skills – will have experience presenting data at scientific meetings
- Be able to work well as an individual and in a team environment
- Have attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records - thoroughly document experimental results in laboratory notebook and written reports
- Write and revise Standard Operating Procedures; train other team members as needed
- Be proficient using Microsoft Office, Prism;
Based: North West
Attractive, negotiable salary + Benefits
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com