Research Scientist - Crop Protection
Role : Permanent
Location : Hampshire
Salary: Up to £30,000 dependent upon experience
Ref : 19923
Our southern based client develops and manufactures a range of seed treatment and crop protection products. They are actively looking for a Research Scientist responsible for planning, coordinating and managing a number of research programmes. This commercially focused role demands close attention to detail and strong project management skill.
- Plan and undertake technical development work including trials on new technologies to confirm efficiency in the laboratory, leading to new patents or ‘know-how’.
- Be responsible for setting milestones and deliverables for projects, provide regular progress reports and maintaining tight control of project costs.
- Liaise with research collaborators and other co-operators to ensure successful study results that will be used to support the business development team’s out-licensing activities.
- Work with a team of scientists in generating new and innovative ideas and applications that utilise the Company’s technologies.
- Present results at scientific conferences and/or at industry events
Technical skills required:
- BSc or MSc in Biology or Biochemistry with microbiology, entomology or plant pathology module modules; a relevant PhD would be a distinct advantage.
- Recent laboratory and/or field testing work experience (2 years minimum) in the agriculture / bio-ag sector.
- Experience of working within small research teams on projects
Personal attribute :
- Ability to manage several research projects to develop novel solutions to disease or pest infestations to commercially important crops/commodities.
- Confidence in networking, seeking out new opportunities and managing existing relationships with customers and external researchers.
- Ability to multi task in a small interdisciplinary commercially focused research team and to present complex technical information at conferences, etc.
- Willingness to travel in the UK and abroad for extended periods at a time (maximum 1 week at a time) and must have a full UK driving license.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!