Our Client is the leader in Food Technology training and Development and provides scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drink and allied industries. Their services and expertise are in high demand throughout the industry and many of their clients are household names. The group operates from three sites and this opportunity would be based at their picturesque Worcestershire location.
They are looking to hire a Chromatography technician in their Chemistry and Biochemistry Department. This role would suit a recent graduate looking to gain experience in an industrial setting and grow their career in well respected business in the food industry.
The ideal candidate will have some laboratory experience with GC/MS and LC/MS analytical techniques gained either in a placement or in a research project preferably in a food related discipline.
Duties will include:-
• Carry out analysis of foodstuffs and materials relating to the food industry according to client instructions, within agreed timescales.
• Carry out administrative tasks relating to analytical work e.g. sample receipt and booking in of samples into LabWARE LIMS
• Perform method development activates under the direction of a senior analyst. Collect data and produce reports.
• Ensure all aspects of Quality are managed according to company standards, including maintaining QC records for global migration tests
• Maintenance of UKAS accredited methods relating to migration
• Calibration, maintenance and daily monitoring of lab equipments e.g. balances, pipettes
A starting salary of £17,000 pa is on offer with additional benefits