Microbiology Group Manager
Salary: Up to £45,000
Our Client is the leader in Food Technology training and Development and provides scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drink and allied industries. Their services and expertise are in high demand throughout the industry and many of their clients are household names. The group operates from three sites and this opportunity would be based at their picturesque Worcestershire location.
They are looking for a Group Manager for their Microbiology section reporting to the Head of Department managing up to 9 staff and having budget responsibility for the section this is a key role for the company and as such will be expected to be an ambassador and true expert in their field.
You will have:-
- Detailed experience in the effects of heat on microorganisms, the microbiological effects of food processing technologies, working knowledge in the efficacy testing of disinfectants and sanitisers. A recognised expert in the field of food process microbiology.
- A good understanding of both spore forming and non-spore forming organisms and methods by which these can be eliminated or inhibited from growing in heat processed product.
- Experience / understanding of needs of operating ISO 17025 in a testing laboratory
- Proven effectiveness in managing timely and cost-effective delivery of technical services/research outputs.
- Competence in team leadership and management of staff and resource utilisation.
- Commercial and financial awareness relevant to the marketing and selling of services.
- Well-developed communication skills –abilities to communicate with colleagues, clients (with varying levels of knowledge) and other experts.
A highly competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the right candidate