Salary: Dependent on experience plus benefits
Our Client is the leader in Food Technology training and Development and provides scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drink and allied industries.
Their services and expertise are in high demand throughout the industry and many of their clients are household names. The group operates from four sites in Europe and this opportunity would be based at their picturesque Worcestershire location. This role is in their Product Innovation department working with a team who has expertise in a diverse range of foods and beverages.
The role itself is to support the New Product Development work and contract work that is undertaken at this site for a variety of short term and research projects that the team undertakes on behalf of its clients.
- You could be working on contract work in their development kitchen, or in their pilot plant facilities or even conducting trials at client sites.
- You will assist with training and research and preparation and processing of food samples.
- You could be assisting on practical trials for product development activities or preparing testing exercises for those who are attending the numerous training courses at site.
This is a great opportunity for somebody with a real passion for food to have an impact of development of products that satisfy newer consumer concerns and new legislative requirements that can drive developments and reformulations.
You will have:-
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English
- A Levels including at least 1 in Science
- A demonstrable interest in food technology and innovation
- Strong IT literacy and record keeping skills
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience preparing mixtures of ingredients for processing
- The Ability to meet deadlines and manage your time
- Experience of Ensuring tasks are completed within timescales given
- Preferably used laboratory and pilot plant equipment previously
- Be happy to travel overnight to client sites
- Be comfortable to undertake factory work under supervision
- Have a full UK/EU driving licence
If this sounds like you get in touch with us here at SCI
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com