Business Development Executive, Venues and Advertising
Role: 2-year fixed term
Salary: Dependent on experience plus benefits
Our client is a Charitable Organisation providing a unique multidisciplinary forum where science meets business on independent, impartial ground.
They provide the opportunity for sharing information between sectors as diverse as food and agriculture, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and the chemical industry.
From inception, the principal objective has been to further the application of chemistry and related sciences into industry for the public benefit. Based in London and established over 100 years ago and with members in over 70 countries worldwide the organisation holds a global reputation in developing strong relationships between industry, academia and thought leadership in the public interest.
An opportunity has arisen to join this highly reputable group as a Sales Executive to generate sales in Venue Hire, Events and Sponsorships, Advertising and Membership
Working with the Executive Director, internal staff and members you will be responsible for generation of leads and forging strong relationships with business to convert into sales revenues to ensure the continued success of the organisation. You will be an ambassador for the organisation to increase memberships, generate income from advertising and develop materials to highlight opportunities and ensure that financial objectives are delivered through your activities. Your strong relationship building skills and creativity will be key to getting things done and ensuring repeat business for the organisation. The quality of your delivery will be an integral part of ensuring that the reputation of the organisation is maintained.
The ideal candidate will be: -
- A graduate with a degree in Chemistry and commercial interest or
- A graduate in a marketing or business discipline with a keen interest in Science
- Passionate about generating income in a not for profit/ charitable organisation
- Ethically strong with an ability to adapt to changing priorities as and when required
- A highly skilled communicator at all levels working with and influencing key stakeholders in a diplomatic way
- Highly attentive to details
- Highly organised and adaptable
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Experienced in managing workloads and using initiative
- A positive thinker with a can do attitude
- Self-motivated to work with minimal supervision to deliver on goals
- Experienced and adept at using social media tools
This a great opportunity to join a highly reputable and historical organisation based in Central London and contribute to their continued growth and success in the 21st Century
If you would like to make an impact on this important organisation, please get in touch with us here at SCI
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com