Salary: Dependent on experience plus benefits
Location: South Wales
Our Client is a Contract Manufacturer licenced by MHRA serving the nutritional supplements market. Established over 20 years ago the company has grown as part of a wider multi-billion-pound organisation due to its focus on excellent customer service, its innovation and technology focus. They have recently undergone rapid expansion now employing 180 people at their South Wales site and are expected to continue growing with an ambitious growth plan over the next 5 years to double in size strengthening their position in the market.
An opportunity has arisen for a QC Manager to join the growing QC team. Reporting directly to the Head of Quality you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the QC laboratory managing a team of around 10 QC staff. This is an important role for the company and you will be responsible expected to: -
- Manage a busy QC lab ensuring all routine and non-routine finished product and raw material samples are completed according to internal KPI’s
- Troubleshooting and problem solving for routine methods and equipment
- Routine review and disposition of starting material batches using a risk-based approach
- Authorisation of routine quality control analytical finished product testing
- Monitor and manage internal and external calibration and qualification activities
- Develop and manage technical agreements held with 3rd party service providers
- Support and critically review method and equipment validation activities
- Prepare starting material specifications, standard test methods and operating procedures in accordance with company procedures and good documentation practices
- Conduct quality incident investigations and lead detailed root cause analysis investigations.
- Manage timely completion of Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Support internal and external audit activities
- Ensure compliance to GMP through continual review and self-auditing
The successful applicant will: -
- Hold a relevant degree in either chemistry, biology or microbiology
- Experience of all key analytical techniques and analytical method development
- Experience of managing a QC function
- Experience of and thorough understanding of laboratory GMP and expectations of regulatory bodies such as BRC and MHRA.
- An understanding of modern Quality Control best practice and techniques.
Ideally you will also be:
- A tenacious, self-starter, committed and hardworking
- High levels of honesty and integrity
- A strong personal presence with excellent leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Highly organised and able to manage in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with us here at SCI