Computational Biologist, Drug Discovery
Based South East
Attractive, negotiable salary + Benefits
Our client is a company pioneering network-driven drug discovery, a novel computational approach to drug discovery. They are looking for a computational biologist to join their informatics team and contribute to both the continued development of their platform and their drug discovery programs.
The role will involve the hands-on development and implementation of data analysis processes to support all aspects of their drug discovery activities. These activities will include:
- implementation and application of computational approaches to extend the capabilities of their in-silico discovery platform.
- processing and integration of multi-omic data sets to elucidate systems level biological hypotheses used to drive new discovery projects.
- analysis and interpretation of biological data from internal drug discovery programs.
- Dissemination of analysis procedures and results, via both written and verbal communication, to non-informatics specialists will be required.
Required skills and experience:
- PhD in a numerate discipline such as computational biology, statistics, physics, etc.
- Expertise in the application and implementation of computational approaches to real world biological problems.
- Experience in the functional analysis of transcriptomic, proteomic, GWAS/eQTL, or other similar biological data sets.
- Practical experience in the statistical analysis of large-scale data sets including exploratory, descriptive, and predictive analysis (e.g. machine learning and linear models).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical background with demonstrated programming skills in a modern data science language such as R.
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Scientific understanding of network and/or systems approaches to disease biology facilitating the ability to generate meaningful biological hypotheses from data.
- Experience of the drug discovery process and industry.
- Experience in the tools and techniques of modern software development as applied to data science projects.
Seniority of appointment will be based on experience.
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com