Technical Manager – Waste Management
Our North-West based client is a global manufacturer of incinerators for a wide range of industry sectors, including Medical, Animal and Municipal Waste. Due to ongoing success and recent growth, they are actively looking to recruit for a Technical Manager.
The role will provide the jobholder the opportunity to combine both technical and commercial capabilities within a varied and challenging role. The role is a senior position, reporting directly to the MD. Some travel to customer sites will be required as necessary.
Duties for this role will include:-
- Providing technical expertise to support the manufacture of new and existing product lines
- Liaising with clients to provide bespoke options inline with customer demands
- Liaising with internal teams to ensure products are manufactured to all relevant briefs in line with agreed costs, quality and timeframes
- Taking a proactive approach to innovative new product development, including initial concepts, design drawing, prototype development and testing and appointing contract manufacturers
- Conducting all relevant calculations relating to combustion chemistry, heat transfer, burn rates, emissions etc.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/attributes:
- A BEng/BSc, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline (e.g. Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Waste Management)
- A postgraduate qualification (MEng/PhD/EngD) in a relevant discipline would be an advantage
- Industry experience within a relevant field is essential
- Demonstrable experience supporting a commercial team is desirable
- The ambition and desire to assist a growing company to continue to establish themselves as a global market leader
Location: NW England
Salary: Attractive (dependent on skills and experience)
For further science jobs visit www.sci-search.com