Chemical Process Operator
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 plus excellent shift allowance
Location: West Yorkshire
We are currently working with a large cGMP active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing plant in West Yorkshire who are looking to add a Chemical Process Operator to their team.
The primary aspect of this role is to be involved in the synthesis of high purity active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) for use in global markets. The environment is strictly cGMP regulated, and would involve working in a sterile cleanroom environment where you will be expected to adhere to gowning procedures etc. It is small batch manufacture of these APIs using organic synthetic chemistry reactions which can be complex (up to 11 steps) using reactors, temperature controllers etc.
You will also be responsible for in-process testing of the intermediates using HPLC, GC and TLC; as well as performing process equipment troubleshooting, improvements and preventative maintenance, and participating in Root Cause Investigations.
Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Chemistry or a closely related subject
- Experience of analytical techniques including HPLC, GC and TLC
- Experience of synthetic organic chemistry reactions
- Knowledge of/experience in cGMP or Root Cause Analysis is desirable.
Ideally you will also be:
- Happy to work on the 12 hour 4 on 4 off shift pattern including both day and night shifts
- An excellent communicator, with a strong teamwork ethos
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
We are immediately shortlisting for this role, so apply now! All our other vacancies can be found at http://www.sci-search.com