Quality Assurance Manager
18 Month Fixed Term Contract (could become permanent)
Negotiable salary + Benefits
Based North West
This is an exciting opportunity with fantastic career prospects for a Life Science graduate with significant experience of working with quality management systems, good manufacturing practice and ISO 13485 to join a growing In-Vitro diagnostics business based in the north west on an 18 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave. The company is a well-established scientific business which researches, develops, manufactures and exports diagnostic kits around the world.
The company operates out of superb, purpose built laboratories and offices within a great central location. They are looking for an experienced QA Manager to join the team where they will provide effective management of the company's Quality Management System (QMS) and to support and fulfil the company's global commercial strategy and industry guidelines.
The role requires management and liaison with internal team functions, quality authorities and the company's partner organisations.
Essential Education and Experience:
- Degree in Life Sciences
- Previous experience and working knowledge of quality management systems, good manufacturing practice and ISO 13485
- Familiarity with electronic document management systems e.g. Q-Pulse
- Significant experience in managing and maintaining a QMS
- Previous management experience of a small team
Desirable Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and FDA 21 CFR Part 820
- Project management experience
The successful applicant will be:
- self motivated
- an excellent communicator with good planning and organisation skills
- able to meet deadlines
- a team player with the ability to inspire and motivate their team
In return the successful applicant will receive a competitive salary, annual bonus, BUPA healthcare plan, life assurance, generous pension, on-site parking, flexi-time and 28 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays).
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com