Genetic Toxicology Products and Services
Negotiable salary + Benefits
Based: North West England
Our client is a leading contract research organisation (CRO) providing genetic toxicology products and services, and is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated lab technician to join our growing team. They are seeking a committed and organised individual to provide technical support across their laboratories. The role will require good communication skills and the ability to integrate into the team.
The successful candidate will have an important role in support of activities across the focussed laboratory teams. This technical role is key in supporting the lab teams to operate efficiently in the delivery of high quality toxicology products and services. He or she will operate throughout the Company’s laboratories, supporting the delivery of both non-GLP and GLP compliant studies. The successful candidate will be part of a growing team with a key role in supporting the company’s ambition to become the leading provider of predictive and preclinical toxicology products and services across a variety of industry sectors.
- Take an active role in supporting the performance and delivery of high quality preclinical toxicology studies and products at the company.
- Work closely with the Business Administrator, and Study Directors where appropriate, to ensure efficient and timely performance of tasks to help maintain work-flows and order fulfilment.
- Maintaining the fundamental facilities and functions of the laboratories in cooperation with Operations and the Study Directors and with appropriate record-keeping (e.g. cell line maintenance, temperature monitoring, equipment calibration, monitoring and re-stocking laboratory consumables, waste disposal etc.)
- Assisting with the production of company products with associated quality control checks, and within an appropriate timescale
- Develop an understanding of the principles of GLP and their application within the Company, as befits the role.
The successful applicant will:
- Have some experience of working in a life sciences laboratory environment. Specifically, he or she will have a familiarity with aseptic technique and an understanding of how laboratories work.
- Be a good communicator, a strong team member and have excellent attention to detail.
- Be IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Prior experience of working as a laboratory technician and the required support functions would be valuable. Practical knowledge and experience of cell culture would also be desirable. Any prior knowledge / understanding of the principles of GLP would be beneficial.
For more science jobs, go to WWW.sci-search.com