LIMS Administration Technician Chromatography
Salary: Dependant on experience plus benefits
Our Client is the leader in Food Technology training and Development and provides scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drink and allied industries.
Their services and expertise are in high demand throughout the industry and many of their clients are household names. The group operates from four sites in Europe and this opportunity would be based at their picturesque Worcestershire location. This role is with their Chromatography Section which comprises several teams of analytical chemists testing food samples for chemical contaminants and nutritional components using chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques. The majority of the work is short term although some contribution to longer term research projects is also undertaken.
The role itself is to support the work of the chromatography section, undertake booking in samples onto labware LIMS and all associated duties including the preparation of the work file for reporting and invoicing, allocation of work and preparation prior to analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sample receipt steward for chromatography section using laboratory information management system (LIMS)
• Preparation of samples for analysis
Qualification and Key Skills
• Good organizational skills in managing own workload and meeting deadlines.
• Flexibility to work on a number of tasks and manage priorities.
• Be able to undertake routine analytical testing.
• Ability to work within a small team with minimum supervision.
• Familiar with standard computer software.
• Good phone skills.
If this sounds like you get in touch with us here at SCI
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com