Senior Regulatory Consultant
Our Client is a highly respected and well-known organisation providing independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. The work encompasses everything from claims to ingredient permissibility and artwork compliance. This is a varied and dynamic environment and a great time to join this growing company
Our client is looking for an experienced Regulatory Consultant to join our expanding regulatory team, as a Regulatory Consultant or Senior Regulatory Consultant depending on experience. The role is for someone with a broad range of technical food and beverage regulatory experience, gained from working in industry, a regulatory authority or a consultancy. To be successful in this role, you will be motivated by engaging with senior regulatory professionals across the world’s most successful food and beverage brands, helping them to address complex, multinational regulatory scopes. The role will focus on three key areas:
- Be a regulatory expert and consultant, ensuring our outputs meet the highest quality standards: technically accurate and commercially astute;
- Be a mentor to junior colleagues;
- Work with the business development team to engage with clients.
- Consult with and advise clients on regulatory projects, enquiries and publications.
- Attend and present internal and external training courses and conferences
- Work as Project Manager for projects – ensuring the team deliver to time, budget and quality expectations.
- Act as an ‘expert’ within the team and be known as a go to person;
- Mentor junior colleagues and training them in food legislation;
- Review client deliverables and provide feedback to ensure that client needs are met.
- Working closely with the business development team to take the sale from initiation to close
- Lead the sale of project scopes to stakeholders within the world’s top food and beverage companies. This will include being an expert consultant: challenging our clients and internal teams to ask ‘why?’ and ‘what next?’
- Developing appropriate scopes and proposals in line with client expectations;
- Occasionally travel of meet clients to discuss opportunities.
Experience & qualifications
- You will be commercially and technically astute and have at least 15 years of industry experience in an authority or food and beverage company.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in food regulatory in the industry, regulatory authority or a consultancy
- Excellent regulatory interpretation skills and project management skills
- Fluency in a second language is beneficial but not essential
- Consultancy experience is an advantage but not essential
- A legal background is advantage but not essential
- Excellent customer service
- Flexible and able to accept and work with change
- A proactive, positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Confident presentation skills
- Ability to effectively build working relationships with colleagues, clients and external contacts to promote the business’ regulatory expertise