PCR Assay Development and Bioinformatics
Based North East England
Negotiable salary + Benefits
Our client is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa. The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
The Company’s first PoC test is set for commercialisation in 2019. It will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows.
The successful candidate will work within the Assay Team to develop point of care molecular diagnostic assays and associated technologies. It is an opportunity for candidates with a strong background in molecular biology/diagnostics to take a key role on projects leading to the development of the platform and diagnostic assays.
• Lead the development and testing of new DNA amplification and detection technology
• Design, develop and test new PCR based diagnostic assays and help see them through to commercialisation
• Work towards the goals of collaborative projects with external partners and be point of contact for some.
• Keep up to date with the literature on Point of care diagnostics, rapid PCR, infectious disease diagnostics and other relevant areas.
• Work within the quality systems following GDP and working to ISO 13485 standard
Experience, knowledge and requirements
• A minimum of PhD in life sciences or equivalent experience in an non-academic setting
• Experience in the design and development and testing of diagnostic assays
• Detailed knowledge of nucleic acid amplification and detection chemistries, including significant hands on experience with qPCR
• Knowledge of bioinformatics, statistics and data analysis including R, manipulation of sequence data, analysis of assay performance
• Significant wet lab experience covering general molecular techniques
• Proven ability to take a leading role on multidisciplinary projects and ability to interact with external partners on fast paced projects
• Ability to work to the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies in line with ISO13485 standards
• Excellent work ethic and strong communication skills.
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com