Baking and Cereal Processing
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience (plus excellent benefits)
Our client is a large food company based working within research, development, analysis and sensory testing of a range of food products.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Bakery Scientist with a proven track record in the food industry with bakery products. The role itself has a high degree of client interaction so great communication skills both written and oral will be required. You will be expected in your day to day role to:-
• Manage and undertake project work and training on behalf of clients
• Write proposals and reports for projects
• Provide advice to clients
• Identify new business opportunities
• Contribute to idea generation for bakery science research
You will have:-
• Degree in Food Science or Food Technology
• Proven competence of working in the food industry, preferably bakery related.
• Knowledge of raw materials and / or production methods, processes and baked product analysis.
• Experience in using industrial bakery equipment however, a bias towards using such equipment would be sufficient.
• Good communication and organisational skills for holding discussions with staff and clients.
• Good Commercial and business awareness and a proactive approach to developing business with clients
• Ability to manage work on a number of projects simultaneously to agreed deadlines.
• Ability to write reports and proposals of varying length and complexity.
• An analytical mind with good attention to detail and the ability to find solutions to complex problems.
• An enthusiastic approach to bakery science/technology keen to seek out new ways of working.
• A strong team player
An attractive salary is available for the right candidate with a good benefits package.