Junior Cosmetic Scientist / Junior Chemist
Location: East Anglia
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience (plus excellent benefits)
Our Client is a manufacturer of cosmetics and has a vacancy for a Junior Cosmetic Scientist/Junior Chemist to join their team.
The main duties will be as follows:-
- Formulation of new and improvement of existing formulas, packages or manufacturing procedures in conjunction with guidelines established by the head of department.
- Assists in the development and/or performs all testing requirements on new formulas and packages.
- Conducts intellectual searches for technical or clinical information through a variety of resources, including the Internet.
- Documents test results, specifications and procedures in a standard professional format for inclusion in the Product Information File.
- Participates in the technology transfer from pilot scale to full-up production.
- Explores new technologies and materials, which may have application in future formulations.
- Writes and/or reviews procedures, protocols and specifications needed to support product development activities.
- Combines and processes weighed ingredients, observing batch throughout manufacturing process. Records all notable characteristics. Introduces color adjustments as required.
- Assists in evaluating product stability by submitting samples of experimental products.
- Conducts physical tests on batch samples to insure product adheres to pre-determined specifications.
- Degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related discipline; or equivalent in training and experience in a laboratory or manufacturing cosmetics/personal care products.
- Experience in developing creams and lotions is desirable, but not mandatory.
- High degree of familiarity with and ability to use office machines and instruments within an R & D laboratory.
- Must possess good research skills and good laboratory skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft programs including (eg. Outlook, Word, Excel, but not limited to).
- Pro-active and positive attitude even when under pressure are fundamental for this position. Must be able to work independently on concurrent projects assigned.
- Considerable interpersonal skills are required to interact with internal and external customers.
To apply for this great opportunity to join a leading light in fragrance apply now
For our other science jobs see www.sci-search.com