Assay Development Scientist
Based: North West England
Salary: Negotiable + benefits
Our Client delivers affordable point of care in vitro molecular diagnostics for addressing global infectious disease challenges. They are looking to strengthen their R&D team with the addition of a scientist with strong molecular biology experience to join their assay development program in order to maximise their chances for future success and global impact.
The Assay Development Scientist will be key to the development of assay programs to ensure effective and timely delivery. The role:
- Maintain project technical file documentation in accordance with the quality management system
- Design and execute appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving the assay to meet the required performance, stability and cost requirements.
- Review data within the team and provide advice to meet project milestones effectively
- Good, clear communication with managers and directors
To perform the job successfully, the ideal individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience working within a Quality Management System required for ISO and CE/IVD molecular diagnostics.
- Willing to roll your sleeves up and participate in the daily duties when required
- Experienced in summarizing and communicating project data for senior staff and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
You should have experience of working under ISO 13485 and have design control experience.
Ideal Experience Desired
- BSc and PhD qualified in a relevant scientific subject.
- Post-graduate experience gained in an industrial in vitro diagnostics setting using fluorescent based PCR methods
- Strong working knowledge of design control procedures.
- Experience of working within a biohazard containment laboratory.
- Experience with ISO 13485
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com