Senior Scientist / Immunologist – T-cell Assays and Elispot
Our client is a well-funded, early stage biotech currently in ‘stealth mode’, which has identified novel tumour-specific antigens derived from reactivated endogenous retroviral sequences. The company is using these foundational discoveries to enable the development of a range of pharmaceuticals including vaccines, biologics and cell therapies. Importantly, they are non-personalised and thus able to broadly impact the needs of oncology patients.
They are looking for a highly motivated scientist who has a deep passion for immunology and the role of T-cells in the exciting field of immuno-oncology. You will establish highly sensitive CD8 T-cell assays to evaluate the company’s novel tumour-specific antigens. You will use their depth of immunological understanding to prioritize the antigens, thereby selecting the best activators of CD8+ cells in the tumor microenvironment.
You will thrive in a highly collaborative environment working with other scientists internally and externally, who bring a range of disciplines to the project to fully understand the MHC1/antigen restricted interactions with the T-cell receptor, leading to destruction of the tumor cells. You will make a major contribution to identify the most immunogenic antigens for incorporation into vaccines and potentially biologics or cell therapies to make a meaningful difference for patients suffering from cancer.
The Scientist/Senior Scientistwill be expected to:
- Work closely with company bioinformaticians and immunopeptidomic scientists to validate the role of novel T-cell antigensin cancer.
- Establish a broad range of T-cell assays, which could include T-cell profiling of low frequency cells (use of Elispot, pentamers), FACS sorting/analysis, CTL cloning and recombinant T-cell receptor expression/characterization.
- Provide expert technical direction in designing experiments and apply problem solving skills when required
- Analyze, interpret and communicate their data ensuring the highest standards of safety, quality and reproducibility
- Document their experiments and findings according high industrial standards to support and enable filing of patents and regulatory documents
- Contribute to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams.
Your major responsibilities will include:
- Isolating and culturing immune cells from blood; ensuring consistent and reproducible biological responses in a range of immunological assays
- Designing, conducting and evaluating T-cell assays using a range of laboratory techniques including Elispot, ELISA andFACS
To help ensure success in the role, ideally you will have:
- A BSc/MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific discipline, strong expertise in immunology
- At least 3 -5+ years’ experience in relevant laboratory techniques.
Attractive, negotiable salary + Benefits