Salary: circa £17,000
Our Client is a Prestigious organisation in the Food and Beverage arena with a fantastic reputation for training and innovation. An opportunity has arisen for a talented food scientist with sensory science knowledge to join their team to help guide new and innovative food and drink products available to the public.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical expertise to support all applicable training, research and contract work that they undertake. The role is varied and will involve sample procurement, preparation, presentation and some cooking as well as administration of projects such as sample receipt, data input, data collation and archiving. You will also be expected to ensure that all test equipment is fully maintained and calibrated and that all calibration records are maintained. You will maintain the sensory testing kitchen and laboratory to ensure only the highest quality of work is delivered to clients. There will be a requirement to work off site on occasion, so a full clean driving licence is essential.
You should be:-
- Degree or A level qualified in a relevant food related subject with experience in a technical and laboratory role
- Well organised with high attention to detail and have a keen attention to ensuring records are always effectively maintained
- Highly computer literate and willing and open to learn new software
- A strong communicator with good skills in written and verbal communication
- A holder of Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Flexible to work at different sites as required with additional hours as and when business needs dictate
- Passionate about food science and innovation
If this sounds like you Apply Now!
For our other roles please see www.sci-search.com