Chemist Science and Innovation
Salary: Attractive + Benefits
Location: South East England
Our client is a leader in providing expertise and support to the global food and beverage sector and is a prestigious name in its sector. They provide practical solutions that cover all stages of a product’s life cycle from consumer insight, ingredient innovation and sensory testing to food safety consultancy and global regulatory advice.
Our Client is seeking a bright, ambitious Chemist to join our Product Development team, to create, analyse and develop new technologies. The group solve complex problems using world-class scientific skills on a number of wide ranging projects which involve a combination of:
- Creative problem solving and concept generation
- Technology scouting
- Feasibility assessment informed by practical experience and analysis
- Proof-of principle demonstration in which our ideas are rapidly brought to life
The successful candidates will be expected to make a solid contribution to a group with core business in the food and beverage sectors.
- Apply technical expertise to effectively consult on the use, analysis and characterisation of chemicals and ingredients for food and beverage applications;
- Develop methods, technologies and applications to meet tight specifications set by clients;
- Lab testing and experimental planning;
- Technology scouting;
- Project Management of smaller projects;
- Support sales with technical content and project definition
Experience & Qualifications
- We expect candidates to have a degree in Chemistry ideally along with a PhD in Chemistry and;
- Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following: Organic Chemistry, Formulation, Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Synthesis or Polymer materials and their processing and applications, or other relevant subjects
- Good understanding of chemicals, ingredients, materials and their properties and application;
- Keen to be conducting both office based and practical laboratory research;
- An interest in applying subject knowledge to the development of devices and new products.
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com