Based: North East England
Salary: Circa £30,000 depending on experience
Our client is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the UK, developing affordable point of care molecular diagnostic assays and associated technologies.
They seek a multi-talented and resourceful Research Chemist to support the Group commercialisation program. It is an opportunity for candidates with a strong background in materials science and surface chemistry, to provide essential support to a variety of projects leading to the development of the point of care molecular diagnostic assays.
The candidate should have experience in:-
- Modification of thermoplastics, using physical and chemical surface characterisation techniques as well as a sound understanding of organic chemistry.
- Surface activation for the modification of thermoplastics
- Functional group manipulation and conversion on sensitive surfaces
- Handling of DNA and fluorescently labelled DNA for fluorescence microscopy imaging
- Ability to follow and produce detailed lab SOPs and work in line with ISO13485 standards
Experience, knowledge and requirements:-
- A PhD (or equivalent) in chemistry or chemical sciences, related to surface chemistry of thermoplastics
- Experience of characterisation techniques such as AFM, contact angle, IR and XPS analysis
- Industrial experience as well as GLP and/or ISO standard experience
- Previous experience in handling DNA
- Knowledge of infectious disease and their diagnosis
Crucial success factors for this position include the ability to work in a fast paced, cross-functional group environment, with a willingness to be involved across a wide area of responsibilities. The ideal candidate should pride themselves in their aptitude for problem solving industry-level challenges with intuitive yet economical solutions.
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com