Next Generation Sequencing
Location:North West England
Salary: Up to £40,000 + Benefits
An exciting opportunity within a renowned gene expression laboratory to work with a team of PhD, MSc and BSc scientists delivering fee for service research to Biotech and Pharma groups. The team apply molecular profiling technologies to target biomarker discovery and validation, specifically in challenging materials, such as very small biopsies or samples with limited RNA. Data generated supports patient selection and PD in clinical trials.
The ideal candidate will provide end-to-end support for all stages of differential gene expression/NGS sequencing experiments, from experimental design through to final analysis and resulting biological interpretation. A confident communicator, you will be at ease suggesting study design and analysis strategies to clients and presenting resulting data and biological interpretation. You must be familiar with operating in a GXP compliant environment, ideally cGLP.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Bachelor or master degree in computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics or related fields.
- Good knowledge of molecular biology, genomics and sequencing technology.
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and data mining techniques.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proactive attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Experimental design - providing advice on factors such as biological and technical replicates as well as depth of sequencing coverage required to ensure that results obtained are statistically meaningful.
- An understanding of all aspects of NGS library preparation and quality control of NGS data sets
- Developing analysis workflows with a strong emphasis on data processing, analysis, and interpretation, specifically for RNA-Seq and DNA-Seq data sets
- Querying and administering SQL databases
- Strong programming skills use of scripting languages such as Perl, Python or PHP.
- Experience of (web) application development, ideally in ASP.NET
- Use of statistical platforms such as R/bioconductor
- Provide rigorous bioinformatic analyses each tailored to individual projects, identifying results and providing downstream interpretation.
- Managing and maintaining incoming and outgoing data via various secure client platforms
- Managing the interpretation of data, preparation and delivery of presentations and reports. Discuss data sets, methods employed and conclusions drawn with clients
- Manage data storage within GCLP /CSV compliance, creating relevant SOPs as necessary.
- Working with QA to set up and maintain CSV as required for GCLP within the genomics team, including SOPs for IT involved in data generation, storage and client portals.
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com