Chemistry Innovation Consultant
Salary: Attractive + Benefits
Location: South East England
Senior Chemist Consultant
Our client is a leader in providing expertise and support to the global food and beverage sector and is a prestigious name in its sector. They provide practical solutions that cover all stages of a product's life cycle from consumer insight, ingredient innovation and sensory testing to food safety consultancy and global regulatory advice.
An opportunity has arisen to work within their highly innovative Product Development Division which solves complex problems for the food and beverage industry. The role itself is for a highly skilled and dynamic Chemist Consultant to play a key role in the growth of the company by taking a highly active role in developing client relationships and leadership responsibilities. You will be part of a team of chemists, scientists and consultants supporting client programmes and initiatives and making a direct impact on the ambitious growth plans of the company.
Your key responsibilities will be :-
- Running and delivering client projects and programmes and co-ordinating the team and resources
- Acting as an expert in that arena, championing the company both internally and externally
- Managing and mentoring project team members supporting their growth and development
- Actively developing business development and engaging client development activities including proposal development, thought leadership and supporting wider marketing activities
You should be:-
An experienced Chemist with a proven track record of building and leading technology development and R&D focussed engagement in the Food and Beverage Sector or Cosmetics, Personal Care or other FMCG business. You should be passionate about solving problems with the capacity to think and act creatively. You should have a Pure Chemistry/Formulation Chemistry background and currently be in either a consultancy role or looking to expand your career into consultancy managing complex projects for external clients.
You should have the following skills:-
- A strong academic background in Chemistry ideally with a good PhD
- Proven Project Management skills and the ability to foster deep relationships with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills and experience working directly with customers
- Exemplary written skills and the ability to create compelling and insightful narratives
- A Passion for Innovation
- Positive and proactive approach to challenges
- A flexible approach to work as you will be expected to travel and work outside of normal hours
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and independently as required
Please feel free to send your updated CV to me at SCI by reply email. Additionally, you could contact me on 01606 818290 to discuss this role further?