Salary: Dependent on experience plus benefits
Our client is a company focused on fuel additives and lubricants and they are seeking individuals who want to be part of a highly progressive organisation – pioneering some of the most advanced additive technologies. With the global opportunities and challenges of a large company but the flexibility and scope for individual impact of a small company, it’s a rewarding culture where Health, Safety and Environment are valued business partners. An opportunity as arisen for a talented Toxicologist to join their team.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Conducting hazard and risk assessments for our products to ensure they are manufactured, handled and used appropriately
- Interfacing with contract test laboratories, setting up and monitoring studies required for regulatory notification schemes such as REACH, China New Chemical Substances regulation etc.
- Liaising with regulatory consultants in different countries to deliver global projects
- Monitoring regulatory and scientific developments in key areas of toxicology and reporting back to the business functions on the impacts for our products
- Providing expert toxicology advice to leaders in our Marketing & Technology function to guide the development of new chemistry Assessing and summarising toxicology / ecotoxicology studies and preparing regulatory dossiers
- Representing the company within industry trade associations and consortia.
The successful candidate will have:-
- A good first degree in a chemical or biological science and a postgraduate qualification in Toxicology.
- Good knowledge of organic chemistry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to convey and interpret complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team; able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Computer-literacy with MS Office software
- Industry experience is desirable as well as a knowledge of industrial chemicals
- Working knowledge and experience of regional & global chemical regulations (eg. REACH, China, TSCA) would be beneficial
- Experience with interpretation and application of GHS
- Experience of hazard and risk assessment
- Experience of working with contract test laboratories including setting up and monitoring studies
- Experience of working with industry consortia or trade groups
If this sounds like you get in touch with us here at SCI
For more science vacancies please visit our website www.sci-search.com