Salary: Circa £18K
Our client is a large and well-established food research, development and analytical organisation.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join their Microbiology team.
Duties will include:-
- Carrying out practical work to agreed microbiology protocols and procedures within agreed time frames.
- Ensure laboratory records are accurately maintained including where required equipment logs, safety records and experimental results including spreadsheets for reports
- Ensuring the smooth running of the microbiology laboratory through assisting with hygiene maintenance and media stock control within the laboratories.
- Working within ISO standards to maintain records and proficiencies accordingly
- Working in a CL3 laboratory will be required in this role
Candidates should hold a degree in a Biological Sciences discipline or equivalent. Previous hands-on microbiology lab skills such as aseptic technique, media preparation, plate pouring, PCR and Molecular based methods are vital for this role. Due to location of this role, it is preferable that the job holder will have their own transport
If this sounds like you apply now
For our other roles please visit www.sci-search.com