Food Safety HACCP Trainer - fixed term 12 months maternity cover
Salary: Circa £30K depending on experience
Our client based in Gloucestershire, is a global and independent provider of food information, market intelligence and technical food research services. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Food Safety management systems specialist to provide maternity cover for 12 months. You will work with a team of 40 scientists, technologists and engineers who focus on applying their knowledge to developing and manufacturing the next generation of foods for consumers through their activities. The department is involved with product innovations, process validation, process innovation and food safety management. The Food safety management group support food manufacturers and provide guidance, training and auditing of HACCP systems against industry standards and provide their expertise around the application of food safety and quality management systems in this arena.
You will need to have a high degree of credibility for this role and be able to deliver training at advanced levels. This credibility and relationship building will also be important for building further relationships to develop new business for the company.
Your day to day work will be a blend of tasks including:-
- Responding to Technical enquiries.
- Providing consultancy
- Performing audits/ pre-audits
- Presenting training materials as lead tutor
- Designing and developing training course materials
- Interpreting results and preparing client reports
- Stimulating areas of contract, training and research
- Preparing project proposals and tenders
- Performing internal audits of the site and department
To be successful in this role you will need:-
- A degree in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent (e.g. experience).
- A technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across multiple food sectors. Several years (3 to 5) experience in a technical or quality management role within food manufacturing or in food legislation enforcement.
- Practical experience of at least one industrial food safety management standard would be an advantage.
- Formal qualification in HACCP, Level 4 would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
- Practical experience and trained in auditing
- Training experience at least Train the trainer level would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
- Good verbal and broader communication skills to support business development, training and consultancy offerings.
- Effective project and time management skills assuring effective delivery and compliance with business practices.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- Confident and comfortable with PowerPoint presentations.
If this role sounds like the ideal role for you get in touch now!
For our other vacancies please see www.sci-search.com