Bioinformatician – Proteomic and Immunopeptidomic Data Analysis
Ref: 20174 AC
SCI are working with a client that is a well-funded and early stage biotech, which as part of their ongoing expansion, are looking to recruit a Bioinformatics Scientist.
Our client has identified novel tumour-specific antigens derived from reactivated endogenous retroviral sequences and is using this discovery to enable the development of a range of pharmaceutical products including vaccines, biologics and cell therapies. Importantly, these pharmaceuticals are non-personalised and thus able to broadly impact the needs of oncology patients. This is an exciting opportunity to join a research programme that aims to support efforts to acquire and interrogate immunopeptidomic data from primary human tissue in order to discover, validate and quantify novel cancer-specific (neo) antigens.
- oversee the processing and analysis of proteomic and immunopeptidome datasets generated using LC-MS/MS platforms.
- be responsible for advanced MS data analysis using existing software packages and through the development of novel algorithms.
- have a PhD in proteomics/bioinformatics or a related subject and have an interest in the developing field of immuno-oncology. You will also have a working knowledge of proteomics methods and the ability to work with MS-based proteogenomics data.
You must have:-
- experience of software development in a life sciences commercial/academic environment
- knowledge of Rand or Python scripting languages
- knowledge of proteomic data analysis
As well as the above, the following skills/experiences would also be desirable:-
- Experience with version control systems eg. Bitbucket
- Practical knowledge of workflow management eg. Snakemake, Nextflow
- Experience of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
Based South East
Attractive, negotiable salary + Benefits
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com