Bioinformatician – Proteomic and Immunopeptidomic Data Analysis
Our client is a well-funded, early stage biotech, which has identified novel tumour-specific antigens derived from reactivated endogenous retroviral sequences. The company is using this discovery to enable the development of a range of pharmaceutical products including vaccines, biologics and cell therapies. Importantly, these pharmaceuticals are non-personalised and thus able to broadly impact the needs of oncology patients.
As part of their ongoing expansion, applications are invited for a Bioinformatics Scientist. This is an exciting opportunity to join a research programme that aims to support efforts to acquire and interrogate immunopeptidomic data from primary human tissue in order to discover, validate and quantify novel cancer-specific (neo) antigens. You will oversee the processing and analysis of proteomic and immunopeptidome datasets generated using LC-MS/MS platforms. You will be responsible for advanced MS data analysis using existing software packages and through the development of novel algorithms.
You will have a PhD in proteomics/bioinformatics or a related subject and have an interest in the developing field of immuno-oncology. You will also have a working knowledge of proteomics methods and the ability to work with MS-based proteogenomics data.
- Experience of software development in a life sciences commercial/academic environment
- Knowledge of Rand or Python scripting languages
- Knowledge of proteomic data analysis
In addition to the above, the following skills/experiences are desirable:-
- Experience with version control systems eg. Bitbucket
- Practical knowledge of workflow management eg. Snakemake, Nextflow
- Experience of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
- The ability to communicate results clearly and effectively and to discuss scientific ideas within the work environment
- An active interest in supporting scientific research
- The ability to work on several projects in parallel
- Excellent record keeping and precision driven work approach
- The ability to work in a team
Based South East
Attractive, negotiable salary + Benefits
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com