Assay Scientist - PCR-based IVD
Our client is a leading developer and manufacturer of PCR-based IVD PoC diagnostics. Due to continued expansion, they wish to appoint two new members to their assay team. These roles will involve working with a novel PCR instrument and the development and optimisation of bespoke assays. You will work under the supervision of Senior Scientists within both an office and a laboratory setting.
The essential functions of the role are as follows:-
- To support the manufacture of the company’s assay portfolio with duties extending into other R &D programmes, as and when required;
- Maintain project technical file documentation in accordance with the Electronic Quality Management System (EQMS);
- Analyse, interpret, document and review data within the team and provide advice to effectively meet project milestones;
- To communicate clearly with Managers, Directors and colleagues.
To perform the job successfully the post- holder will demonstrate the following competencies:-
- Experience of manufacturing molecular assays;
- Experience of working within a Quality Management System required for ISO and CE/IVD molecular diagnostics;
- Good knowledge and understanding of molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related disciplines;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication of scientific data to senior staff and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Minimum of 1 years’ related experience (gained post–graduation or as part of an Industrial placement as part of degree studies);
- BSc or MSc qualification in a relevant scientific subject;
- Strong working knowledge of Design Control processes & ISO 13485 (medical devices).
- Desired - Post graduate experience gained in an industrial in vitro diagnostics setting using fluorescent based PCR methods.
Based North West
Negotiable salary + Benefits
For more science jobs go to www.sci-search.com