Trainee XRF Analyst
Our Central Scotland based client is an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory which specialises in providing analytical testing services for the metallurgical sector. They are actively looking to recruit for a Trainee XRF Analyst on a permanent basis to join their successful team of analysts.
The role will entail:
- Ensuring that all precious metals meet the required standards prior to hallmarking
- Conducting spectrographic analysis of precious metals.
- Assessing and organising jobs prior to analysis.
- Quality systems training and working in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 procedures
- Training and operation of XRF equipment and laboratory systems.
- Liaising with Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Technicians to ensure work is ordered by priority.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Completion of necessary job paperwork and systems updates.
The role will suit a Chemistry or Material Science graduate with some metal’s analysis experience, preferably by X-Ray Fluorescence spectrometry techniques. The role requires a high level of manual dexterity, the ability to follow a step by step process, attention to detail and an ability to be flexible, work under pressure and prioritise workloads. Your will have good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
Role: Permanent Contract
Location: Central Scotland
Salary: Circa £18K dependent on skills and experience
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com