Software Test Engineer - Continuous Integration Systems
Ref: SCI-00002 / 20223
Location: North East
Salary: Negotiable salary + Benefits
Our client is an expanding In vitro diagnostics company developing tests for global health threatening infections.
- 2+ years’ experience in a software testing/development, ideally in an embedded device/Linux environment.
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) systems such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc. Including the setup and modification of such systems.
- Production of test plans, logging and reporting documentation
- GUI Automation testing, using frameworks such as Squish for Qt, or Selenium.
- Experience with Unit Testing and Mocking Frameworks, ideally covering headless and device-based testing
- Design and implementation of automated and manual tests, as appropriate, to cover:
- Module and system level testing
- Integration and regression testing
- Experience working with a multi-discipline team of Software Developers, Engineers and Quality Assurance
- General drive and ability to assess and select (or provide useful summary information) of toolsets and services for CI systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic team-based environment on complex, fast-paced projects, interacting with both internal and external partners are a must.
- Good sense of humour, positive and constructive team player, and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment as the company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation are essential.
- A highly motivated, organized, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to work.
- Candidate must be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Experience with embedded software systems and firmware development is highly desired, as is experience of interfacing software with bespoke hardware. Some basic electronics knowledge would be beneficial
- Experience of scripting with Python
- Development under quality systems using extensive unit testing and code reviews is preferred. Knowledge of ISO62304 (Medical Software) would be beneficial as would development under Agile software practices whilst conforming to a quality system.
- Experience with IVD assay development or developing Life Science instruments or medical devices is desirable.
- Minimum BEng/BSc (or equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Science and Electronics, or Software Engineering degree is highly desirable.
Based North East
Negotiable salary + Benefits