Process Development Scientist – DNA Production/Downstream Processing
Our Client has established a high-quality DNA manufacturing platform technology, using an in vitro enzymatic process and has a role available for an experienced process development scientist in its expanding CMC (development) Group. The company is located in custom-built laboratories in London.
The successful applicant will play an important role in the development of synthetic DNATM manufacturing process. This will involve working in a team focussed on optimising and validating production processes, establishing critical parameters and controls; industrial scale up and technical transfer of methods to third parties/GMP production team. This role presents an exciting opportunity, with the successful applicant being involved in a range of process development projects.
This position will be highly collaborative within the CMC function and also with production and R&D teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with clients, outside collaborators and contractors as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- A PhD level qualification in Biochemistry / Protein chemistry / Molecular Biology or equivalent industrial experience.
- In addition, experience of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting.
- Familiarity with bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatography, tangential flow filtration and filtration.
- Familiarity with standard Molecular Biology techniques such as cloning, PCR, mutagenesis and in related specialised DNA characterisation techniques.
- Experience in keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments as well as experience of writing technical reports to a good standard.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have an ability to learn new techniques quickly.
- Experience in process characterisation, qualification and validation.
- Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting.
- Proficiency with design of experiments software and techniques would be beneficial.
- Experience with taking a risk-based approach to process development.
For more science jobs, go the www.sci-search.com